Friday, April 13, 2012

Two months in with the CPAP...

...and wearing the CPAP mask isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It's pretty easy to sleep with, as long as I don't toss & turn, and I hardly ever do that.  And I feel more refreshed in the mornings. Something must be working right!

My only problem is that sometimes I fall asleep in the living room watching one of my favorite shows (and most of them seem to be right before the late news, and I'm a minor news junkie, so I HAVE to stay up to find out the latest.)  So, the problem is that when I wake up from the midnight nap, it's too late to spend enough time with the mask.  One suggestion has been to move the CPAP machine to the living room.  That way I'd be guaranteed to get in my hours every night!  I've been told that if I don't show enough hours in the stats that are being recorded on a mini card, the insurance won't pay for it the equipment.  So, I've only got one more month to show the company that I'm serious about using it.

One bad thing about the mask is that Trudy doesn't like it.  I think it scares her. I don't blame her!  If I suddenly came up to someone and they had a strange thing attacking their face, with straps and a big hole where their nose used to be [hiding the nose, of course], I'd be scared too!  She used to sleep in the bedroom with me, but now she settles down on her bed in the living room.  I wonder if she'd move to my room if I moved to the living room.  Oh well, that's not going to happen.

Other than that, the big news has been the warm weather here in the Old Dominion.  This week has been cooler than most of them in February and March!   But things have been very dry all winter and we're told that there will be more possibilities for fires as the summer comes in, if we don't start getting some significant rain soon.

Oh!  And I finally have a cook photo of Trudy for Wordless Wednesday, but I don't want to wait until next week 'cause I'll forget. (I've had this photo since January and just thought of using it for WW, so I think I've made my case!)














1 comment:

  1. Glad the CPAP is working for you! Frankly you and Trudy probably BOTH benefit from sleeping apart! Trust me on that! LOL! Cool picture of her...sleepy dog...

    ReplyDelete