Not only is it December, it's the 10th of December. Where has the time gone?!
I was catching up on blogs while listening to tonight's debate and eventually realized that I had not yet visited Miss Kylie's blog since her annual Christmas contest started. And here I had made a vow to myself that I was going to play every day to win the donation for Northern Virginia Sheltie Rescue where I found Trudy--and I've already missed 9 days of Christmas. I'm going to have to set a reminder on my memory...er, cell phone.
It hasn't really felt like December until the last couple of days. Thursday it was in the 70s, just down to 50s at night. Today I was bundling in layers during our walks, and at 11:30 PM it's now 36 here in southeastern Virginia. To think that I loved playing in the snow as I grew up in Indiana. I think that trait must die off once your own kids are teenagers. These days, I'm in at least 3 layers (long-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, and coat, and gloves) before Trudy & I are out the door. A real weather wuss.
Yep, I'm definitely ready for spring.
Spring? You're ready for spring? We haven't had winter really here yet, but it would be fine with me if it went straight to spring from here. Have a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDelete