One woman, 1 sheltie, 3 sons, 2 daughters-in-law, 1 granddaughter, a great friend and other family members who might turn up. Most of the time the focus is on my Sheltie, Trudy, my family here and abroad, and tidbits of daily life
Saturday, November 6, 2010
The Cliffs of Moher
Some readers may wonder about the background photo on my blog, though I'm positive Clive would know what it is. It shows a wonderful place on the western coast of Ireland called the Cliffs of Moher. In February 2009 I was able to go on a fan trip/concert tour with the only band I've ever been a groupie for: Coyote Run. Despite the name, they are a celtic rock band based in Williamsburg, VA, very talented and wonderfully accessible to their fans. :) www.coyoterun.com
On our trip we were in Dublin for two days, and attended a concert. (Sorry, Clive, I didn't follow Dogs with Blogs then, so I couldn't stop by to say hello.) From there we went to Killarney for a couple of days, and attended a concert. From there we went to the coast to see the Cliffs. It was a cloudy, cold day in February, not blue skies like the photo behind my blog. Then it was on to Galway, and...you guessed it: We attended a concert. On the next to last day in Galway, most of the other groupies took a ferry to an island off the west coast (darned if I can remember the name) while I stayed behind and caught up on my shopping for folks back home.
I did get some interesting shots of the informational signs alongside the Cliffs. (You might have to biggify some of them to read them.)
Labels:
Cliffs of Moher,
Coyote Run,
Ireland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a gorgeous place it is! It's so stunning and beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful place. I have always wanted to go to Ireland.
ReplyDeleteNo bluebirds over those cliffs, eh? You know if I squint very hard at your background photo, I can almost see the wee cartoon man falling over the side...
ReplyDelete- - - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more
LOL! The only birds i remember seeing that day were the gulls. Sadly, I didn't take the background photo with semi-sunny skies. It's one of the stock photos provided with Blogger and the one I felt the most connection with, thanks to the trip.
ReplyDeleteJust another reason I want to visit Ireland someday... absolutely beautiful! -- Patti
ReplyDelete"Bigify"???
ReplyDeleteYes, "bigify." It's a caninese term, meaning to enlarge, and I find that it captures the concept quite adequately. And if it's good enough for the pups, it's good enough for me. So there! And at least it's not LOLspeak, which I like, but not in a serious blog like this. (CHEtongueEK)
ReplyDelete